Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 10 Infinite - Build 10008535 - BETA

Mazak opened this issue on Jan 20, 2012 · 54 posts

ShawnDriscoll posted Tue, 14 February 2012 at 5:12 AM

Got a reply back from the E-on programmer(s) in France on some of the bugs I had to hand-hold them through for them to see for themselves and was told the bugs are inherent in the Vue software and would be too hard to fix without a re-write of the software. 

That didn't bug me as much as the fact that those guys know me.  I've been reporting bugs to them over the years and they are able to replicate them.  But everytime I report a bug to them, they act like I'm a new user that has to be lectured on how to properly use Vue.  I have to pull teeth with them to get them to click on the crash button to see it for themselves.  Otherwise, they won't try.  And these are really easy bugs that take only 4 or 5 clicks to reproduce, just following the steps I write down for them and posting screenshots for them to view where my mouse is clicking, etc.

The "black ocean" bug still shows up in build 8654 if you also select Indirect Atmospherics for your Global Radiosity lighting.   I'm not paying for 10.5 (just around the corner) knowing they haven't fixed their render engine yet for their new water material that Vue 10 has.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG