Forum: Vue

Subject: Help, a complete Vue newbie in trouble here...

Aisuru opened this issue on Feb 26, 2012 · 29 posts

Aisuru posted Mon, 27 February 2012 at 10:20 AM

Deary me, it gets more complicated... The power-off started happening before the driver update.  When I installed PLE, Vue behaved itself, my PC behaved itself - everything was lovely for a week. Then the first shut-down happened. I thought - yep, I haven't updated the driver for the card (I was still poodling along with Open GL 2.1 😊). Off I went, updated the Nvidia thingy, rubbed my hands with  warm and fuzzy feeling inside (seeing that it now supported Open GL 3.3 and Open CL) started Vue, played with a lovely sunset, kept the render size small and to 'preview', pressed render...  it rendered for a couple of secs - and then the computer went out like a light.

Didn't have system restore switched on - don't ask :sigh:. Too late now, I'm stuck with the latest driver. Everything seems to like it -  Daz likes it, Bryce likes it, even my old Carrara likes it, but Vue just don't wanna know...

The one program I was desperate to get up 'n' running...

But - after one of those shut-downs, I got an error message when starting Vue again, saying that the application terminated unexpectedly and that I should run Vue in compatibility mode asking me to "Click OK". I clicked - and it still shut down.

I feel like curling up under the duvet and  whimpering like  a three-year-old  who's just been told there's no Santa...