Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 9 / Pro 2012 question about features

flyerx opened this issue on Mar 05, 2012 · 31 posts

RobynsVeil posted Mon, 05 March 2012 at 3:10 AM

I use PP2012. To answer your questions, a caveat: this is my experience. YMMV.

Key to understand is that things like morph brush and just the whole PP2012 experience depends a lot on hardware. PP2012 runs really well in a 64-bit environment. People do run it in 32-bit Windows, but it isn't anywhere are quick. That said: it did run faster than PP2010 in the same environment.

Quote - I am looking into upgrading from Poser 6 to Poser Pro 2012 or Poser 9 (Windows). I have a few questions. 1) The new morph brush. Does it act on the underformed mesh or are any applied morphs added to the deformation? Can the deformation be saved as a morph? Can it be applied to any mesh on the scene? Can it be applied to a posed figure or does it work on the zero-pose figure only?

It acts on all and any mesh in the scene, posed or not. The morphs can be saved. The morph brush still needs a few refinements: it tends to change mesh selection mid-morphing, which is really annoying. If this is a key reason you're getting PP2012, I wouldn't. Still has a way to go before it's a really truly refined tool.

Quote - 2) Can the content be organized in an arbitrary way? I do not use Poser's default organization since it does not make any sense to me. For example I place the materials for a prop under the prop's folder. Same for each character and any related content. Everything is grouped several directories deep. (I use P3do explorer but I would prefer using an improved native browser instead)

Poser doesn't care where you put materials (I'm assuming texture files) as long as the path in the pp2 is correct. is that what you're asking?

Quote - 3) Is the Victoria and Michael 4 installation still broken with files required to be in Poser's installation directory for them to work?

That's been fixed.

Quote - 4) Any significant changes in dynamic clothing from version 6?

Quite frankly, I can't remember back to Poser 6, but the whole dynamic cloth experience is HUGEly dependent on your hardware. That has been my experience. I run Win7 HPremium 64-bit, an i3, 4 gig RAM and dynamic cloth works brilliantly well: the sims take a very reasonable amount of time to finish for even hi-res mesh.

Don't have an answer to the last two questions.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks