Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dalmatiner frustration

NanetteTredoux opened this issue on Mar 24, 2012 · 23 posts

SamTherapy posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 8:34 AM

Well, I'll hold up my hand and say I was one of the people who shopped him for passing off stolen things as his own creations.  Sheer luck, really.  Or his bad luck - stupidity actually - if you think about it.  

By sheer coincidence, I did a project some time ago which featured a very distinctive model of a boat.  I was doing some visuals for a company who'd bought some stuff from Meshbox or Dosch (I forget which), then lo and behold, the boat I'd used was sitting there on ShareCG.  I downloaded it and looked at the mesh; he'd not even bothered to retop it, so I blew the whistle.

There is - or was - at least one other "modeller" on there who'd taken Questor's Terminator model and subdivided it (which is insane because it's a poly heavy model to start with) and passed it off as his own work.  So I contacted Questor about it.

I don't go hunting for these things but if I find 'em I consider it right and proper to report it.  Piracy is bad enough but claiming someone else's work as your own is, IMO, totally disgraceful. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery