Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Lyne's Creations Freebies Thread! New offerings often!

Lyne opened this issue on Dec 16, 2011 · 443 posts

kobaltkween posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 11:02 PM

Oh, no, I didn't think you were BS'ing at all!  And I'm so very sorry this is such a horribly difficult time for you now.  No, I was asking because sometimes it does take work to get something to work in Wine and I was hoping I might be able to help you past a difficulty with UVMapper. My point about getting it to work on Ubuntu was really just what I said- it's probably possible (with no implication on simple or easy) to get it to work on the Mac.  But I've never used Wine on OS X, so I have no clue what particular steps would be involved with you doing this.

Anyway, nothing to worry about.  Fact is, if you're already painting over the Poser work, I'd focus on that.  I've been starting to get active on deviantART, and it's giving me an even greater appreciation for 2D work than I already have.  I'm still more 3d than 2d really, because of where my own skills and interests peak, but I can see how much more immediate 2D works can be.  if you're feeling overwhelmed by technical issues, you might try focusing even more on the painting and just putting 3d content issues on the backburner.