Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dalmatiner frustration

NanetteTredoux opened this issue on Mar 24, 2012 ยท 23 posts

Meshbox posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hello all,

Michael and several others were instrumental in discovering Dalmatiner's piracy of one of our Fedoraville cars. We sent DMCA takedown notices to ShareCG and Lynn also had a long discussion with the folks at ShareCG, going over, step by step, what needs to be done to comply with the takedown notice process in order to maintain ShareCG's network provider safe harbor. You may have noticed a "Report Abuse" link appearing on the top page of ShareCG about that time. During the time it was up, there were over 300 downloads.

It was great to see the public support over on their forums (which you can see there now still), sticking up for us.

Meshbox Design employs full time artists, and we make everything in house. Every product we make comes with a license. Meshbox is a division of an Oregon based company that's been in business since 1997.

We aren't a huge business, and we are dependent on our content licensing to pay the bills. This sort of thing really hurts.

I hope Dalmatiner has given up on pirating models. I know he had an account here for a short time after being booted from ShareCG, but I can no longer find it. I know it was the same guy because when he set up his account, he used his same photo (which is pulled down a few days later).

I like free stuff too, but unless you have business-level trust in the provider, it pays to make sure its properly licensed.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want