Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: An easy way to get an ERC into Conforming Clothing?

WandW opened this issue on Apr 20, 2012 · 17 posts

lesbentley posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 11:23 PM

Let me admit that I know next to nothing about this valueOpKey stuff. Until a few weeks ago I was using P6, which does not support valueOpKey. Since then I've been busy and have not had time to investigate. So when I said "it should work the same with keyed dependent parameters", there was a large element of guess work there.

The only thing I can see in your code that might cause a problem, is that you seem to be using both my valueOpDeltaAdd slaving code, plus the valueOpKey stuff from your cr2. You should use one or the other, but not both. It's possible that the two lots of slaving are conflicting.

Attached above is my modified version of the pose, using your slaving code, but without mine. I tested it using the P4 Nude Woman and the P4 Unitard. It seems to work correctly to inject the slaving, but there is a bug if the pose is applied after conforming.

In my previous post, I forgot to give instructions for applying the pose. The character figure that you are going to conform to should be loaded in the scene and any part of the figure should be selected to make it the active figure if there is more than one figure in the scene. Next load the conformer. Then before conforming apply the pose. Apply it as an "original pose" (single tick),  not as a "universal pose". Then conform.

You can apply the pose after conforming, but it may cause unwanted rotation to happen in the conformer. This is easily fixed by Restoring the conformer (Ctrl+Shift+F), but it may be somewhat embarrassing if the pose is meant for distribution. Applying the pose more than once to the same conformer will amplify the effect of the slaving by adding another block of slaving code.

Try the attached file, and let me know if it works for you. You will need to loose the ".TXT" part of the file extension. Good luck!
😄