Forum: Fractals

Subject: Mandelbulb3D Help

Lenord opened this issue on Mar 12, 2012 ยท 71 posts

Lenord posted Thu, 03 May 2012 at 5:25 PM

As far as a beginners Tutorial for how to use MB3D there isn't any I know of , I have an old one for the basics I did for someone a long time ago for a different Version but the Basics are the same no matter what version you use. You can sitemail me an addy and I will email it to you. What version are you using, the most current is V1.7.9.3, in the meantime here is how to load posted Param text Files. Loading Params using a MAC is different so I hope your using a PC, it's not that much different but different from what I'm told.

Firstly .m3p(Parameter), .m3f(Formula), .m3I (Rarameter+Image) files are different and they are not text files but program code. Text params undergo a conversion internally to work as .m3p files.

To load Param text files Highlight all the Text including the headerMandelbulb3Dv17{all text inside the Brackets including brackets} Right click and Copy text to the Clipboard

Open MB3D and on the "Open" Tab Click the 3rd button "Open parameters from Clipboard text" this loads the contents of the Clipboard into MB3D

Now just click Calculate to render or open the Nav Panel and start exploring or just click the Save Tab and Save the file as a new Param file so you don't loose it.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are