Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How can i solve this

Sheedee opened this issue on May 05, 2012 · 15 posts

aRtBee posted Sun, 06 May 2012 at 1:48 AM

generally, random Poser shutdowns indicate Videocard / driver issues but mostly these happen at design time (because of OpenGL). To be solved by driver updates, or switching the SreeD preview mode.

Shutdown on rendering indicate memory issues, as the 3d meshes get split into smaller and smaller parts. So do watch the memory usage in Task Manager. Although a 64-bit PPro2010 on 64-bit Windows should not have any problem in this area, one never knows.

Thing to check:

- do you have Virtual Memory / Page File enabled and can it expand (fast enough)
(sounds weird, but some 64-bit system users switch it off, they think they don't need any. Then the app cannot generate it fast enough to keep up with internal resource requests, and... bang).

- do you have very crowded / detailed scenes

- do you have displacement (generates a load of extra geometry while rendering, you will be surprised)

- do you render "as a separate process" (General preferences render tab). Someties the magic wand for anything

- do you use large textures? Although these usually choke your video-ram in design time.  

No real clues though, guessing a bit, just thinking out loud.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though