Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How can i solve this

Sheedee opened this issue on May 05, 2012 · 15 posts

JIMMYJOHN posted Mon, 07 May 2012 at 12:29 AM

1) virtual memory:

Thanks, I'll try that and let you know if it makes a difference. It'll take some time though as crashes only occur from time to time.

2) to me, things look as follows:

one loaded V4/M4 takes 250Mb ram at design, and 500-1000 at rendering. So a FFRender64 at 1.8Gb (quite close to its 2Gb limit in 32-bit windows) does not come as a surprise. Rendering 8 V4's does, however. So please consult my tutorial part 4 on raising your Windows limit to 3Gb.

As I mentionned, I run PP2010 64 bit

and: do you use IDL now?

Sometimes. Not sure but I believe crashes happen more often With IDL on.

have you changed the bucket size (Render Settings / manual)?

Yes. I previously had a problem with bucket size at 64 (mosaïc renders with white squares). I now set it at 8 or 16: problem solved.

And it's nice to see the render progress more often.

I'm still under the impression that it's a memory problem. So it helps too monitor FFrender in the process tab and see when it crashes. 2Gb still is your magic number. The other magic numbers are on the performance tab. At some moment your apps are requesting a peak in resources which cannot be delivered, is my current understanding.

This is my feeling also, but it's only a wild guess, i don't have the technical background needed to understand what's happening.

see ya.

Thanks and take good care.