Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: -- Helping Daz Studio Newbies --

KimberlyC opened this issue on Apr 25, 2012 · 139 posts

Bejaymac posted Wed, 09 May 2012 at 7:25 PM

I'm pretty sure Genesis Morph* installers will give you a dependency error if you try to install them in the wrong place (same thing as the Gen 4 morphs), so if you didn't get that then M5 is installed properly.

It sounds like your looking at the "Smart Content" tab, which means you probably haven't installed the metadata.

Use the "Content Library" tab instead, first entry on the left should read "DAZ Studio Formats", following the arrows to the right and you should see > My Library > People > Genesis > Characters, in there is where you should find the Character preset to load M5.

The Content Library tab allows you to access your content directories/runtimes as they are on the drive, this is the old school way and my prefered method. It also allows you to 'see'** your content in a Database similar to DS2/3.

The 'Smart Content' tab is the new way of accessing your content, but it's pretty useless if you dont have any metadata for the content, or if like me you dont use the CMS.

*Yep that really is all that M5 & V5 are, character morphs of Genesis and over priced ones at that.

** You need to add it first before you can see it.