Forum: Vue

Subject: New features you'd like to see in Vue 11.

ShawnDriscoll opened this issue on May 04, 2012 ยท 35 posts

Abraham posted Thu, 10 May 2012 at 4:07 AM

First, a disclaimer, I am not a vue basher and I respect the people at e-on, the few contacts I had with them were always friendly and they were very ready to help, so...

My main problem with vue is the gamma correction. Not the way it is exposed to us (it is pretty close to what you find in mental-ray) but the result it produces. It is very difficult to render a non washed out image. It looks like some of the components are not calculated correctly, whatever you do (atmosphere for exemple). I am well aware of the fact that, in order to use gamma correction in any software you have to have your materials set up for it, but with some elements it seems just impossible to get a decent result. So my main desire would be to see this worked on, even much more than any new feature.

Now, if I had a real new feature request it would be a meterial similar to mental ray arch & design (energy conservative material with brdf adjustment curve). It would be so nice to have such a material implemented into vue and just being able to render any archviz image without having to strugle with external integration :) (Actually, I have been dreaming of this addition for the last three or four vue updates :) )