Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

Wraith posted Fri, 11 May 2012 at 5:32 AM

Quote -

What I'm trying to say is, not even half of what sells poser is the feature-set. The meshes are what makes up more than half of the sale. It's time to take a good hard look at making that half work for you, instead of hoping that someone else does it.

I agree that half of what sells poser is the meshes, you see mesh complaints everytime a new version of poser comes out. People compare the meshes within minutes and decide they are not good enough.

The poser community needs to be a little honest with itself though. Slutwear is what sells, big breasts and slutwear. Look at the past SM clothing sets, farmer sets, time period sets, they are close to real world but no one cares. It keeps getting requested but it doesn't sell to the silent majority. V4 is even made for high heels.

There have been better figures in the past or at least on par with the current mil figure of its time, yet v3-v4-vanynumber will dominate. The one size fits all model works for the erotic community behind the scenes.

The poser model is at a no win, they could make the best mesh ever and it will not satisfy enough people. The Vicky PR machine will roll it. That leaves Sm in a tough place. They could go the route of Dosch type models, Axyz etc, maybe even license a model from Andrey Kravchenko or another turbo squid modeler.

If it will cost the consumer to intergrate genesis then I really hope they do not for its not useful outside the app it runs in due to mesh distortion. Adding it would also mean slow down as more stuff gets tacked on and pasted in. However I see the argument for it, the quick art people and newbies to the community will eat that type of toy up.

I am happy with vicky 2, not big on the bloated one size fits all model style myself so I am in a super minority. I dont need a lion that morphs into a mutated tiger, in turn morphing into something that might resemble a panther.

I would like to see sub division added, and possibly some sort of effects system. Particle would be nice but then we are getting into max, lightwave territory so am ok if they come up with a lower end solution to start with. Maybe borrow from the gaming industry style of effects, though they usually depend on the effect being animated.

Instancing would be amazing and very useful.

Mostly I would like to see them make it more and more optimized so it runs faster. I keep back peddling versions due to it becoming slower even though my rig is faster.

If they have to focus on content to make the program more viable then so be it.  I just hope if they do go the route of working on content more, they do not adopt the draconian in app content store with content delivery always attempting to sell me stuff I dont need or want.

My art is for me and by me, not a render of whats on sale new this week.