Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

JoePublic posted Fri, 11 May 2012 at 11:14 AM

SM should just buy the 3rd Gen mesh from DAZ and rework it to modern standards.

I doubt anyone could come up with a better mesh topology, better morphs or better, more "hobbyist- friendly" UV-mapping.

I put the lo-res head on the high-res body and got myself a mesh that is just 35.000 polygons but still has all the muscularity detail needed.  And you really can't tell the low-res head from the high-res one in 99% of the renders people usually make.

And it's much easier to paint a good displacement map for the face than for the body. (The overall low resolution mesh is the one thing I do not like about Genesis.)

Seriously, DAZ has "vaulted" all their 3rd gen stuff anyway, they might just as well sell it to SM.

Yeah, won't happen, I know.

But that mesh and it's morphs is still state of the art and nearly indestructible.

I'm reeeeeeaaaaallly testing it's limits for a few years now and it never, ever dissapointed me. :-)

Resculpt it so that it looks like an actual human being, then weightmap it, then add a plugin that converts old clothes to the new shape/rigging and Bob's yer Uncle.

Oh, and fix the single axis scaling.

Again, I know, won't happen.

Just saying it worked for me, might just as well work for other Poser users, too.