Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

anupaum posted Fri, 11 May 2012 at 2:49 PM

I'm quite happy with Poser Pro 2012.  IDL, weight-mapping (which REALLY helps with animations!), subsurface scattering, better preview and other improvements have made a noticeable difference in the quality of my renders. I've not been buying much content because I already have nearly everything I need.

It's true that slutware sells. Like many here, I'd like to see some really good "real world" clothing, but that's becoming less important because there are some vendors (like 3D Age, for example) who've slipped in a few practical bits of clothing in with their slutware. A few changes in the material room, and a lot of variety is possible. Some of you have posted really good ideas about material room presets.  I don't see why a vendor couldn't make those available.

Soft body dynamics would be really nice, both for males and females. (I'm not sure how that would work, though.)  I know that my butt and thighs yield when I sit down. I know that my hands also deform a bit when I grab something. That kind of realism is subtle, but it would be nice.  It would also help when rendering elderly people, as their skin lacks elasticity.

Am I asking too much?

So far, nobody has mentioned RESUME RENDER, like we have in Vue.  THAT would be really useful!  The same would be terrific for animations, too!

As far as content is concerned, a decent infant would find its way into a lot of my family-oriented renders, especially one that could accept face and ethnicity morphs. Other folk have mentioned animals, and I agree. It makes no sense to have a beautifully rendered human figure sitting next to a cat with carboard fur . . .

The cloth room is ok, but it would sure be nice to have buttons, pockets, piping and other features for dynamic props. (Oh, that's a vendor problem, you say? Aren't we talking about content, too?) I've never made sense of the hair room.  I think it would be nice to convert standard hair props into dynamic hybrids, as can be done with some clothing props.  Hair in Poser seldom hangs properly!

I don't need another ugly 20-something adult.  I don't need another uber-pretty 20-something adult, either. Older folk morphs are available, but mostly for faces.  I've yet to see a 70 year old who has the body of a 20 year old, you know what I mean?

Enough of the doom and gloom, people!  This is a hobby we're supposed to enjoy.