Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 ยท 377 posts

shvrdavid posted Sat, 12 May 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quote - ....the Genesis base technology is superior and above more versatile. I have very little respect for the modern CG film. Its a step back.

Really.... Wow...

I guess the free DStudio link should be emailed to the people working on Avatar 2.

If you think anything in DS is superior to Houdini or any other high end app, you have bumped your head. You cant even link off board cpus or use the gpu for much of anything in it. With a real video card, any high end app can do physics calculations on the fly. No need to wait, just click run and see if it works. And you can correct for things like the cloth folding up, etc, basically on the fly. That is not so easy in DS, actually, you can't correct for anything on the fly in it..

Oh, Avatar had lots of close ups of plants, no masks on there faces, animals, etc.

Genesis base technology is just that. It is a base, with no plugins for other apps, no expansions, no physics engine, etc. There are a lot of things that it can not do, that high end apps can do. Not the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, Genesis is a neat idea. It is something for hobbists to play around with, but it is far from superior to high end apps.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->