Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

wolf359 posted Sat, 12 May 2012 at 6:11 PM

"Am I the only one who caught the little teaser in the last Smith Micro newsletter about the new figure? Does it not appear that SM is doing exactly what we have been exhorting them to do? That being, get a professional team working on a professional figure for Poser?

With this in the wings, I really wonder what all of the figure discussions are actually about."

Good! now that we are back to the subject of posers future
To this post quoted above and to SM I would query.

Why all the secrecy?

They should take a page from that "other companies" Marketing handbook.

They announce proudly what the next version of their prime figure will be out "Soon"

As soon as some decent finished version of the base topograhy is ready they post images in their forums

They quickly give it to their prime PA's (content makers)

They coordinate a simultaneous preview thread
where of all of the Cool content stuff that will be available on  DAY ONE of the official release is showcased.

By the time the new figure product hits the store There is often such a frenzy to buy their server sometimes crash.

If I had to speculate on the reason for all the cynicism over here I would guess it is because  IMHO many here suspect that they are going to get a Microwaved rehash of the maligned "Ryan" and or "Alyson" meshes or "Dregon" 2.3

At the very least they could quell alot of the speculation& negativity by stating definitively:
**"NO!! any hypothetical new poser figure will NOT be built from the "Ryan" and or "Alyson" meshes".  **

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel