Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Is it Normal to Have to Apply Certain MATs made for Poser Manually in DAZ Studio

TheOwl68 opened this issue on May 12, 2012 ยท 22 posts

TheOwl68 posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 9:03 AM

My apologies, RHaseltine, I see that the info I provided wasn't clear enough; I will try again.

Firstly, I am getting no error message. I am using DAZ Studio 4 (32-bit), and all the .ds and .pz2 files are in the correct folder with the exact same names.

However, when I navigate to the 'pose' folder to apply the MAT poses, some of them work and some do not, in which case I have to use the 'Surfaces' tab, select the clothing area and navigate to the maps themselves to apply.

Here's something else odd which happens along with this issue~ although the maps do not apply, the diffuse, specular, etc actually do change. I'm almost convinced that it's the gremlins that got into my DAZ program, but then why would creators advise DAZ users to be prepared to apply maps manually?

Just wanted to know if any other DAZ users, or people who use both DAZ & Poser, have come across issues with applying MATs through the 'Pose' option or if this typically happens when using DAZ.

Hope this info explains my query better than my original post~ Thanks for your response, I do appreciate it.