Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

SamTherapy posted Sun, 13 May 2012 at 2:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - "I agree - here's how I got there:"

Yep. Of course they'd probably get hit with the 'DAZ Soon' mantra etc, but as Harvey Milk said, "Ya gotta give 'em hope." :-)

OTOH,  "artistically inspired male figure" setting aside whatever 'artistically inspired' means, the fact that they're jumping into the breach with a MALE figure? Well, I said bringing a knife to a gunfight was a bad idea, but pulling out a can opener, devious indeed. Somehow though, I see the boy coming back home with his testicles in a mayonnaise jar.

I dunno - maybe they're testing the waters with the male figure, then they can cough up the female figure once they get all the kinks and lessons worked out.

I just hope for their sake that it's versatile.

You do raise a good point about "soon!" - I'm guessing that if they do go the preview route, they'd better have at least a rough ETA in place, even if it's "August, 2012" or "End of 4th quarter", or somesuch.

Admittedly I have absolutely no idea of their strategy but it seems a bit silly to start with a male figure if that's really what they're doing.  Given that the females always sell better, shift more content overall and get more coverage/uncoverage/hype/attention, how would they gain any real insight into the market performance with the male figure?

Then again, if it's just down to the fine tuning of the figure itself, bug squashing and  the like, well, you'd hope they'd have that nailed before release.  Just like DAZ doesn't. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery