Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

shorterbus posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 3:08 PM

Personally, I think the best thing Smith-Micro has going for it right now is V4. Yes, I realize V4 is a DAZ product, but since the introduction of Genesis and its incompatabilty with Poser and the sudden realization for we Poser users that V4 was a good as it was going to get, lots of vendors and capable parties have made considerable improvements to V4. The problem is, implementing the collection of improvements is expensive and confusing, some redundant, some working at cross purposes, some incompatable with others, etc. What if rather than Smith-Micro putting resources into new figures we are probably not going to like mostly becasue of the additional expense required for clothing and the like, why not put resources into optimizing the V4 and the M4 we already own and optimizing their compatability with Poser? Most of the "technology" is already out there, they just organize, maximize and blend it, so to speak, in some sort of Poser/V4 upgrade/compatability kit.

Also, I would like an emphasis on realism in renders, maybe even an export/ compatability with Lux, like DAZ has via Reality2. I already render in IDL, but that is not real enough for what I want.

As one of the many who do not do animation, I've always wondered how much the animation capabilities I do not use have added to my cost and how much in program capabilites I am sacrificing in order to make a single program more versatile. Maybe a Poser version for still picture and a Poser version for animators, each with optimized capabilities for its particular intent. 

Lastly, as a casual user (if $2,000 plus a year is casual) I would like some sort of newsletter on trends, changes and improvements in the Poser world. Most of what I get I glean from this forum and most of what is discussed in this forum is as if you are already in the know.

Just some thoughts frim the bleachers.