Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

bagginsbill posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 12:29 PM

Quote - baginsbill and wolf359, I was merely responding to the question, not hating anyone, not trying to ruin things for animators, just trying to participate.

And so was I just trying to participate. You didn't mention V4WM or EZSkin, and so I guessed that you either had not heard of them or you hated them - those freebies, not a person.

Just because I don't have time to carefully wordsmith every response doesn't mean you can assume I'm an ass. I didn't read anything nasty in wolf's response either. It seemed like you thought animation has consumed considerable effort by SM, and I agree with wolf - it has not. Not for years.

Contradiction is not confrontation - if you perceive it as such perhaps its because you're being confrontational.

Quote - I do know what weight mapping is, one of the developments I alluded to when I mentioned "considerable improvements". But some of the products available here, like shoulder fixes, thigh bend fixes and buttocks fixes, give better fixes to those particular areas than weight-mapping does but do not work with weight-mapped figures and  do not work with one another, so just participating in what seemed to me be a wish list, I was hoping for some all-encompassing fix.

This is news to me. A lot of people have said, one way or another, that almost all the bending problems were fixed by V4WM. Could you show some examples of problems that persist? I'm not saying there aren't any.

Quote -  Anyway, thanks for reminding me what a tank of bile this place is.

Actually DAZ forums are a tank of bile, IMO. Every time I offer any information there that happens to contradict anything, I get reactions like yours. Stuff like that keeps me from helping people over there. I got chased away just this week. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but that includes me, too, please.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)