Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

moriador posted Tue, 15 May 2012 at 6:08 PM

Quote - This is news to me. A lot of people have said, one way or another, that almost all the bending problems were fixed by V4WM. Could you show some examples of problems that persist? I'm not saying there aren't any.

I mentioned in another thread that V4WM is curiously missing elbows.  I'm not skilled enough to fix the elbows myself.  However, I got from the thread that no one else is either because it stems from a limitation of the mesh imposed by Daz who would not permit certain changes -- a limitation that apparently didn't exist with the original version (which has bad, but existing elbows), but which for some reason that I do not have the technical knowledge to understand had to be altered when weightmapped.  In any case, I don't use the figure for that reason: other fixes work for me without me having to convert the clothing.

I was criticized for pointing the flaw out, but I have learned that one should be very cautious in displaying such ingratitude towards a free product.  Therefore, I apologize in advance if my mentioning that this item is (in my singular opinion) not quite perfect is offensive to anyone.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.