Forum: Fractals

Subject: Mandelbulb3D Help

Lenord opened this issue on Mar 12, 2012 · 71 posts

Lenord posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 8:48 AM

Just a quick look at this I see one thing right off the bat, The Conj, Flip and Tent mode are just switches...0 off 1 on, not sure what -1 will do, probably just turn it off. If you click the "i" button next to the formula there is info for most formulas to let you know some things about the formulas.

Also some formulas are just inherently noisy and this appears to be a really noisy one as many of 4d formulas are. BarkBeam/LucaGN is the writer of a major porton of these formulas and many are adapted from 2d formule and in the 4d cases from 3d formulae. Specific Formula questions need to be directed to DarkBeam in the Forums at FractalForums.com, he wrote them he should know them. You will discover along the way the ones to steer clear of due to either the complexity of the Math involved which drastically increases Render time or are inherently noisy.

Generally noise can be remedied in several ways, Lowering the Rasystep Multiplier and Stepwidth Limiter and increasing the # of steps which increases the accuracy of the render. First step random multiplies the first raystep by a random number thusly randomizing any Uniform noise and lso the size of the Render itself, the larger the image the less obtrusive the noise.

Coloring is controled by many things, you are replacing the Gradient here using the #1 Map on Trap settings severely limiting any variation. Remove the Map and try color on 2nd choice, there is also the Coloring Tab on the center panel where the Color Mode is selected, Orbit Trap, Last length increase, Light and color routing on axis, Map input/output vectors, all these interact with the coloring and lights.

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
Y.....S....O/...c....2A...E.XOKFB1M..1wSfzYkLx6Eze9VmCswSynnrhA6QVYnz0ItRlTXF3wj
YaNaNaNaNy9.....................ucr8KabAzz1........A./..................Y.2...rE
...........3..../M.1/...........E4...2E2.....6LMDhPsi8qD/..........m/dkpXm1.OaNa
z.....kD12../2kAnAnAnYKwzcNaNaNa7gwj.....................oDu1....y1...sD...../..
.z1...cDHPSQHMZ9UxX.hpGabwRkyy84YBs0i8pDJNOOovyFxrP5U12aTveMzaUdhSt7T5hjHihWaqUf
GxXmPxTTaFjnyYg2pa1Ji.qj......om4.............kD.2....sD..kz....................
.............oAnAr1...sD63iyyUkb05.eT8Q.6/ek/UCc05.WV8Q.c6ek/Ugc05......d....k1.
.....EpsZz1.....Tyzz.wzzzX.G.I1.a....M2....E....m....c3...k6....d....M2A...UiPrH
...TFeoZgzjdqZpz8R7vzPeRN/A.nc..zzSi............0wyBIC4OWzH..........2./8.kS4p0.
.YqulQA8Sz9.fjrwdvgqz0........../E13zjbFh...fjrwdvgqzuFOf5nlcsxj.gM3ZaYq1zP61c..
p/sg..kuvBTuCfwj.gX7FmeMoz9..........oF68szdNJ0..ApKQUUTuz1.kRdIp0byz..kKTKW1q/k
/QV0z57ZL0..R8Zc4xRgz0.wQOr9PExD.ctwMy5pQ.A...6EU.......zz/6FG1.QY2E.szD/PX5..KD
v.EzTNie31kT6/4.Qs5U./0.......bT.026.......ly/6EU.......Mw5U./0......kqT.026....
...kz/6EU..........U./0.zz/6FG1.yzHkqs/.xzZteKA.7F2JL7oFmsWOkR4.TFrPTVINglqLWZrL
E....2....E.....I....Y....UEV7bPnlKNtF1FX/UPX/...............................6U.
0..........BnAnAnAXiz...........OHnAnAnAnwXNaNaNaNaPzMaNaNaNaNqDBnAnAnAn1y1.....
...wz...........................................................................
........................}

Remember...No matter where you go there you are