Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Two surprising omissions from Poser content

SamTherapy opened this issue on May 13, 2012 · 53 posts

SamTherapy posted Wed, 16 May 2012 at 2:08 PM

Quote - Lighters! They let them have freaking lighters? The typical UK con is obviously more meek and responsible than half the people on the outside here. No wonder (I assume still) most of the cops don't carry guns. It was amazint to read that the German police used, 85 bullets on people last year - a number exceeded in one incident in the US (IIRC 90 shots fired at one suspect).

You're going to be hard pressed to match Vue's instancing, ecosystems etc, for large environments.

Officially, UK police aren't armed on a regular basis, although they do have access to firearms if necessary.  Greater Manchester Police, back in the late 1970s said over 50% of their force were armed at all times.  Airport police are armed as a matter of routine; most of them carry Uzis.

Gun crime, despite what the news media would have you think, is relatively rare (and therefore newsworthy) over here.  I can honestly say I have never needed, or felt I needed, a gun ever in my life here.  OTOH, if you get your news from the Daily Fail, you'd swear we were over run with gun toting, knife wielding benefit fraudsters, single mothers, drug barons and immigrant gangsters.  The truth is rather more simple; like all places, we have crime.  In some places, sometimes, we have serious crime.  Fortunately, not very frequently.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery