Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Plixy posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:21 PM

So I've got a new image in the works, and I'm generally pleased, but it is again focusing my efforts on overall shading the texture using the Diffuse/Spec & Top Coat. options. 

The short explaination is that in Studio with what appears to be an OmniFreaker Shader (this is getting set by a pose button - I'm not doing it manually), there are a large number of colours channeled into the settings. When Reality imports this, well there are less destinations, and I think it grabs the ones it can and puts them in what I trust is a well thought out/logical way. 

In this case however the difference between my Studio render of the character in question and my Reality render is a mild Purple (intended) and a Cool Pink (pretty but not what I want) - the Top Coat in Reality is set at .20 and a bluish hue, I think I can get closer to the desired effect if I copy the Diffuse (where the purple is showing) into the top coat and set it to 1.0.

Does this method make sense? Is there a better one? I'd hate to be throwing away valuable shading/toning information that will provide realistic variations by virtually throwing a coat of paint over my model. 

I can share images if people are curious.