Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New Daz Improvements

kiwi_gg opened this issue on May 19, 2012 · 112 posts

kyoto_kid posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quote - Kyoto Kid said > Quote - ...this was supposed to be up and running three days ago.  Even the old forums are inccessable.

...I need my Daily Daz Forums fix, I'm really jonseing here. :bored:

The old forums are accessible, in Read Only Format.      http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

...thank you. Bookmarked for now.

At first tried the eamil links, and nada. Wasn't sure if the old forum was down as well due to archiving.  When I archived my forum reminder emails from only the last four and a half years, there were over 15,000 files.  I can only imagine how much nine years of posts and images would take up.

While I never worked in web development I was involved in multi-media (CD ROM based) development and programming back in the old usenet days. I do understand, especially considering the company I worked for at the time was sailing in uncharted waters so to say, that best laid plans can often go awry or just take longer than expected to implement. 

Considering that other forum sites don't always have a store (which needs to protect it's customers account information) galleries, and support pages associated with them it makes sense why this would take a bit longer. 

Having a much improved website in the end wil be worth it.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]