Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Look at my Hair plug-in: introducing my new toy

papillon68 opened this issue on Apr 01, 2012 · 203 posts

DisparateDreamer posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:23 AM

Quote - I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

else i use fibermesh from zbrush what works fine for me.

There are benefits of this new plugin besides just making hair.  it uses curves so it takes less computer resource, renders faster, and moves with the figure. 

Zbrush is exceedingly expensive and so LAMH plugin will be a far more affordable alternative.  Furthermore while I like zbrush fiber hair, it is a big resource hog and my computer cannot handle more than one simple instance of it... if I wanted to load zbrush fiber hair for an entire animal for example, it would be impossible for slower or older computers to handle it.  

LAMH first version will already have a lot of options and abilities....

A second version will have more options, likely will have physics--- something incredible as Daz Studio doesn't have a physics ability built in so AM will be making it! 

Personally I think LAMH is going to be making big waves in the Daz community!  Don't underestimate it... I think its potential is unlimited thanks to the hard work of Alessandro. Looking forward to the AMAZING renders people will end up making with it. :)