Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Status Update from DAZ

RHaseltine opened this issue on May 21, 2012 ยท 85 posts

Jazzmin posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote -

People power comparisons...Daz3D forums and Animal Research Laboratories...........have you people gone crazy!!! :huh:

Nope, nobody has gone crazy. We are simply giving examples, suggestions and opinions.

I don't know about other people, I can only speak for myself. But, I have been a member at DAZ since they opened. The only program available for the type of products DAZ primarily sold was Poser. I spent thousands of dollars in there first few years of business, became a PC member from the beginning and continued to spend a lot of money on fantastic products over the course of ten years. I supported them, kept them in business, like so many other Poser users.

They decided to make DS and offer it for free. It was going to be so much better than Poser and I thought cool! By the time they worked out the bugs and perfected it, I had been using Poser for far too long and did not want to deal with the learning curve of DS.

It's great that they have DS and I hope it continues to be successful. My gripe with DAZ is that they would not still be in business after 10 years nor would Genesis be a glimmer in their eye without the support of Poser customers. But, with Genesis and the 5th gen dolls, I am locked out. I can't use them unless I want to switch programs and I'm not willing to do that, especially with a minimum of 2 installers plus, just to get the library going. From my perspective, Poser products have dwindled down to very little and it feels like a slap in the face. But hey, like I said earlier, it's business. They could be making so much more money if they offered products for both pieces of software and if they want to limit their profits, so be it. I wish DAZ much success and hope they have enough existing and new DS users to keep them in business for a very long time, but I'm done spending money there. And this is just my opinion based on facts, not an attack.

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.