Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Status Update from DAZ

RHaseltine opened this issue on May 21, 2012 · 85 posts

pzrite posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:39 PM

I realize that some of the people here have worked in similar situations and can sympathize with Daz and the hard work they are now dealing with. 

But with that said, I think every customer that has been, not just inconvenienced, but stressed out by trying to download a product they paid for, not having a forum available (except this one) to be informed as to what is going on, and clicking on the same old broken links time and time again, also deserve some sympathy...at the very least.

There's no doubt that a lot of work is involved, and some of that work involves PLANNING.  It's obvious Daz did not plan for this transition very well.   It was suggested that they might have followed RDNA's example of just shutting the site down while they make the changes, instead of having a crippled, half-working mess that's there right now.  But again, as already mentioned, DAZ is once again showing it's big corporate mentality and placing the old mighty dollar ahead of it's customers' satisfaction.

Taylor Wilson mentioned "we will be offering special offers to help make this right, so stay tuned!"  Well it better be something pretty "special" to offset the frustration that is being felt right now.  More likely we'll end up with a voucher for a few dollars off a product we already have.

I'm usually a pretty patient person, but when a product I need to finish a paying project is hanging in front of my face, just outside of my reach, FOR DAYS, my patience has officially run out.