Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

ssgbryan posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:59 PM

Quote - What Wolf359 said in their first post and...

The entire market now rests on Gen 4 DAZ people who are years old.

How are you going to get brand new customers to buy Poser? Another complicated new advancement they can't figure out on their own - an advancement that is rarely used?

You can no longer depend on DAZ to supply the content base of a person. Poser has to make a 2014 Posette/Dork or die

Ok, the DAZ Gen 4 base items are a couple years old.  So what? 

Really, so what.  Did all of the content disappear?  Did they suddenly stop working?  Hate to break it to you, but the Gen 4 figures aren't all of that and a bag of chips.  There is an entire industry that exists solely to fix problems in the Gen 4 meshes and I own most of them.

A new Poser user will start out with the folks in Poser - Ryan, Alyson, Simon & Sydney etc just like I did.  From there - they can go a number of places to get more figures.  Some will be at DAZ, some will be here, some will be at Content Paradise and some will be at RNDA.

The great thing is unlike when I started with Poser 5, there are products like Xdresser, WW (included with Poser) and Morphing Clothes - V4's wardrobe has been every girls' wardrobe for some time now.  (Well, except for Mariko - PhilC needs to get cracking on that already - she is cute, but I don't do NMIATWAS renders.)

There are a number of new figures out already that take advantage of the advances in Poser 9/2012 -and more are coming from both SM & independent artists.  Not to mention the fact that it isn't all hard to weight map any legacy characters - I am wieghtmapping Rikishi this weekend.

My viewpoint is completely differnent than yours:

We are no longer tied to DAZ/Poser 4 capable characters anymore.

The future looks bright from behind my keyboard.