Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Is it Normal to Have to Apply Certain MATs made for Poser Manually in DAZ Studio

TheOwl68 opened this issue on May 12, 2012 · 22 posts

superboomturbo posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quote - @superboomturbo~ Thanks so much for the info, I do appreciate it.

I'm especially interested in learning more about the issues occuring in DAZ regarding clothing available outside of DAZ 3D's site store. There are far too many amazing outfits which are meant to be DAZ compatible but end up having annoying & sometimes strange issues.

I want to learn how to troubleshoot and test issues of this nature, so any and all info would be most helpful to me.

Clothing for me has been hit and miss. Places like Rendo usually have reviews where people who've bought before list whether or not they've had it work for Daz, and I go off of that if I'm buying. rDNA has cool stuff, but as you've stated, it's kind of a crap shoot. I'm a lot more leery after buying some expensive stuff that goes haywire in Daz and not poser. Live and learn...

These days I work with the conforming morphs for clothes (when they aren't daz exclusive) to get around restraints. You can also hide parts of the character that cause poke through when you can, like a thigh in a dress that would normally be hidden. It's a lot easier than working the character morphs to make it fit.

Last but not least, there's always freebies, and if it goes bad, all you loose is time.  I recently got into Optitex's dynamic cloth, one feature that Poser excells at. All this time I thought one had to have the dynamic control plug-in, which is fifty bones at Daz. Turns out it works well enough with just the pack-in tool in DS4. Optitex runs the gamut on what works, unfortunately, but they do have a ton of free stuff for DL off their site to get you started. One more tool for your tool box.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx