Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:06 AM

> Quote - Was V4 free on release? I thought it was a while before they went to the free thing, but I may be mis-remembering. I'd say if anything though, many new users in any hobby are more inclined to drop money. They even buy stuff they later find out they didn't really need. Forget new users though. How many 'experienced' users here have you heard talk about the stuff they've bought and never used 'yet.' I don't think the lack of free base figures will be much of a deterrent at all - it probably wasn't before they were free either.

I am not sure on the release date but according to my records I paid $19.48 as a sale price, full price was $29.95, for V4 complete which included the basic morphs, 10 poses and basic texture.  I also paid $14.68, full price $29.95, for the V4 Hi Res maps.  That was on 8th December  2006.  This was my first render using V4.

Good grief, was it really that long ago and have I aged that much?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.