Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

meatSim posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 1:17 AM

I dont think your reasoning follows at all.... we are framing the discussion around features poser users use and you for some reason dont want to consider 'pre-sets' as actually using a feature... that makes no sense.  at all.   

It doesn't matter if they learn how to use the feature directly or get use by purchasing content where the vendor made use of it, be it figures with WM, character sets with sss, lighting sets for IDL, or any other feature

It doesn't make a lick of difference if the user does it themselves, all this 'feature bloat', as you call it, makes poser stand apart from DS.   Poser is about renders, and posers 'bloated features' allow it to beat the tar out of DS where it really counts

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I got a better idea: Name a new feature in the past five years that a newbie can actually use without having to download a preset first, like most do. Name the features  in the past 10 years that the majority of Poserdom actually uses on a regular basis and can construct on their own, again w/o resorting to presets.

The subjective "newbie" troll-trap set aside

Call it "typical user" then. Say, someone who doesn't post to forums.

Either way, the point still stands, and you know it. ;)

Quote - how about multiple undo/redo, multithreaded rendering, high dynamic range imaging, brush morphing, animation layers, cross body morph tool, global illumination, improved HW OpenGL, tone mapping/exposure tool, normal mapping, gamma correction, dependent parameters tool, improved joint rigging system, and 64-bit rendering.

...and there are perhaps three of those, tops, used by most users without resorting to a preset supplied by someone else. As I've already said.