Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What does everyone want from Poser from here on in?

LaurieA opened this issue on May 09, 2012 · 377 posts

meatSim posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 1:33 PM

A part of me dies a little bit everytime this happens.... but I have to agree with penguinisto on that point.

As much as I love to see new features, SM needs to set a standard and set a standard that takes full advantage of whatever feature set is included with poser 2014(?).  I'm all for adding features, but they can no longer just put features out into the wild and trust in the community to do all the work of getting the most out of them.

When M5 came out with previews somone posted the comment on the preview renders .."Doesn't anyone from Daz know how to use daz studio?"  

Sometimes thats is the way it seems with posers new features.  They are in there, but its up to the community to get good results from it.  For example, alyson2 vs Anastasia, the SSS wacro vs   BB shaders.  For poser to really thrive without daz supplying the content they need to release their product with content that makes propper use of the technology. If that means we wait an extra month or two for the product... well thats fine with me.

Quote - In either case, I'm not going down the rabbit hole of feature-countings, because it's obvious that some folks want it packed, and damn the consequences.

The main problem still hasn't disappeared, though: The majority of the Poser-using market is heavily reliant on a 6-year-old mesh that Smith Micro doesn't have any influence or control over.

Personally, I'm not talking about Genesis being the standard here. Quite the contrary: I want something that rivals it. Most importantly, Smith Micro needs to make one set of meshes, and then try and set some sort of standard with them. 

Otherwise, it will puts its own future at the mercy and charity of others.

--

Quote - Most evidence (forum posts, gallery images, survey results) is contaminated by self-selection bias.

This, right here.