Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Amethst25 posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -

Il tell ya it saves a lot of grief I love the purist attitude here it cracks me up like I crack you guys up with my line..

Perhaps it is due to being a PS artist prior to getting into rendering art. The only reason I did that was to have consistant scenes / characters for my stories / paid comission projects..

I hear ya Bob, whatever works for you man! I was using photoshop long before I even knew what rendering was which is probably why I tend to stay away from post work depending on the project and the renderer. Plus I also spend days at a time in it doing repaints/texture/paintkits for certain game items I mod.

I actually have an employeee that is a photoshop guru. he just lost his 3 figure ad job doing nothing but photoshop work, Been trying to get him into digital art to see what he can do.

There's just some stuff that dont transalte well in LUX. The way I look at it is its about the finished result. PS is designed to work with 3D anyhow.  I have to say I am a LUX man now no doubt about that!

Some of you have been at it much longer and build your own content. I still have to start experimenting with normal maps. But overall I find I get decent results with film response & LUX settings..

I'm not a purest I do use PS from time to time. But you do say you us PS ALL the time.. We get it.. You really don't have you use PS..

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery