Forum: Vue

Subject: Best new graphics card for Vue Infinite 10.5?

3DNeo opened this issue on Jun 14, 2012 · 6 posts

3DNeo posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 7:51 AM

Quote - I thought this was already asked and answered before?  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849564

You're correct, I did back in May and got some good advice there too. However, things got real confusing when I started doing research on this and looking at benchmarks on various reviews. Sites such as Toms Hardware says one thing, which others like 3DGuru say something different. It got real confusing going back-and-forth trying to figure out what the FACTS were.

Honestly, I appreciate all the replies and think this thread has hit the nail on the head, there is no clear choice unless you are using just one main software package. In that case simply get the video card they recommend most and you're done. But if you have a workflow that consists of multiple 3D/2D software that's where it becomes hard to make a "best" choice.

Hate to ask again so soon, but I am building my workstation shortly and just wanted to see if there was anything else that may help.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.