Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

bobvan posted Sat, 16 June 2012 at 12:02 AM

Quote - > Quote - Indeed Boom you were there when I started and i too was complaining about render times LOL Ho whata difference a few months can make. I know i still cheat using PS... This too will most likely come to pass with more time..

Without picking on you or your PS preferences, the thing I've noticed since trying to do as much as I can in-render is that it makes you a better artist. You learn the program for what it can really do (which is quite a lot!). Absolutely, do what works best for you, and from time to time, something will inevitiably pop up that you might have missed before it rendered 10 hours. Happens to us all!

My advice, just slowly work it into your routine or try it once to do an all-render image without the expectation of fixing something in post, outside of like a signature or some lettering. You'll figure out how to do things in-render that might have been a post-only fix before, like a smoke effect, or a fire, or a background of a building, whatever.

The advantage of doing it this way, aside from looks, is that it will have correct lighting and shadows, and make you better at the same time. Win Win!

I think you missunderstand what I do in PS. It has nothing to do with lighting.  I render the full scene in LUX. Its only minor stuff like filling those annoying splotches in facial areas and the odd poke through and smooth out something here and there... Very subtle stuff