Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The best light set out there is....?

Michaelab opened this issue on Jun 16, 2012 · 18 posts

Paul Francis posted Sat, 16 June 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quote - And just why do you say that, Paul? What makes it better than the rest? The price is attractive, I'll say that. And why would I need Pro Luma if I get Pro Luma 2?

The general concept of having light gels, or masks, which most Poser light sets seems to ignore, plus the varying colour balances, the pre-sets which include lights with different amounts of falloff that I personally haven't seen anywhere else.  They really work stright out of the box, which is a big attraction, but for me the main benefit is that they demonstrate before your very eyes what you can achieve with lights.  Added to that is the fact that they come with, hands-down, the best guide (in PDF format) to Poser lighting I personally have ever seen (been using Poser since 1997), and which IMHO should be included in the Poser manual.  I don't know the ins and outs of Pro Luma v Pro Luma 2, though.  The "Close-Up" add-on really refines the original set though. 

I can't scientifically quantify why Synthetic's lighting sets are better than the rest; if it helps, I have many many light sets, and his are the ones I always use as a starting point for my own lights and which really opened up the mysteries of Poser lighting for me...!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"