Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

FSMCDesigns posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 4:54 PM

Quote -
I love what you've done with the figures and materials.  The image as a whole has a very nice feel to it.  The only critique I would offer is the appearance of the table and chair behind the glasses.  While it's always cool to see the distortions caused by curved glass, the compositional impact of the glasses is "cluttered" by the table and chair. I'm not sure how I might personally reposition things in the background, because the image requires some elements back there.  Anyway, nice job.

(I'm rambling a bit here.  I'm currently experiencing low blood sugar, and am having trouble gettng my brain to think straight.  Sorry.)

Thanks, I always appreciate constructive feedback. I agree with you, but there was a kind of plan for it. I took a few photography classes in college and after and the one thing that has always stuck with me was what one professor told me. "if you are trying to emulate real life, real life isn't always composed properly", meaning that what would be considered a proper composition, isn't always the case in any random still life image. When I set it up, I knew I wanted something to show thru the glasses and I figured the metal from my chairs would fit the bill, but you are correct, from a proper image perspective, it is too cluttered where the glaases, table and tray all meet.

Whats sad is I wanted to have harsh sunlight and shadows coming in on the right side, but no matter what I did, got horrible fireflies. The whole scene is enclosed in a matte black box with a door opening for light to come in on that side. tried everything and finally went with a mesh light on high instead.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page