Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:46 AM

Quote - Xandi, that was what I needed. It would help to know also if the alpha channel is set but here it is how it need to be set, so you change it if needed:

Alpha map: none. If you have an alpha map file erase it.

Alpha value: 1.0

Set the transmission color to 255,255,255 and change the gain for the transmission map from 1 to 2. See how it works. To change the gain click on the gear menu. 

Let us know :)

Paolo, your suggestion reminded me of something else I see with glass objects in Studio that doesn't translate well to Lux.

Xandi, check the surfaces tab in Studio before calling Reality for your glass objects and make sure the opacity hasn't been altered. I know a lot of the stuff I've been working with lately that was never intended to be used outside of Studio or poser usually has it set either to 0 or 10%. As Paolo noted, this setting shows up in the Alpha channel/Tab in Reality but as a decimal value from 0.0 to 1.0. Might not be the fix, but it's worth checking. Frankly, I still think removing the transmission map is the way to go. If it's something that makes it looks like stained glass, just swap it over to the diffuse channel. Otherwise if it's just plain glass, the diffuse color should suffice on its own.

Oops, edit: diffuse channel for stained glass was supposed to be transmission channel. My bad!

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx