Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

Sharkbytes-BamaScans posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 8:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Ok ok, I'm kinda converted to Genesis, me being an idiot I didn't even recall that the PD Claudia set (my most used character) has Genesis morphs too! I must say, Genesis has so much more dial control than V4, I think I'm going to enjoy working with her, sorry Vikki 4.  Time to start playing with getting V4 clothes to fit.

Also just noticed I have Gen4 in on my hdd (bosses wife keeps buying me content/tools - even bought me Cararra 8 Pro!), just tried running it but it crashed transferring, need to play some more...

Abi.

Getting V4 clothes to fit is eezy peez

1.  Add your clothes to the scene

2.  When the autofit popup shows up(if it does) DON"T CLICK ANYTHING other than cancel.

3. Go to your scene tab and select the clothing article

4. Click on the menu button in the upper left of your scene screen and select Edit|Convert Figure to Weight Mapping|Convert to Triax Weight Mapping.

5.  Click on the menu button again and select Assets|Transfer Utility.

6.  On the left side of the next popup(Source side).. click the "Scene Item:" dropdown button and select Genesis.  Below that click the shape button and select clone.  There will be a list show up with all the shapes that genesis can clone.  Select the shape that the clothing was originally designed for.

7  On the right side of that screen (target side) click the dropdown box and select the item of clothing.

1.  Click on the "show options button" and make sure the first five boxes are checked and then check the box for "reverse source shape from target"

2.  Click Accept and let the transfer utility do its trick

if you have any poke-thru that you can't morph out of the clothes.. the smoothing modifier should eventually do it for you.. there are tutues are for the smoothing modifer that are better than what I can explain.

this is the best way i've found of doing it as it will retain all the original morphs and modifiers that the originally clothing had.  this is also the only way of retaining the morphs in gen4 hair as long as it's character hair and not prop hair

So no autofit!? I've tried using autofit a few times with mixed results, I'll have to give this method a try, thanks,

Abi.

Abi, using this method, I've been able to get EEEEEEEEEEEEVERY piece of V4 clothing I have to fit Genesis.  Most of the time there's some poke-thru but that can be easily correct with the smoothing modifier.  This little tool is what got me using D|S in the first place.  I was a poser user for ages and thought D|S was a toy compared to it.  But, with Poser I rarely could get clothes to fit right, I was always fighting them somehow.  So, I tried D|S to see how things worked and it worked so beautifully that I never went back.  Til a week ago, the only thing I missed was that 3Delight seemed like such a crappy render engine compared to Firefly.  Now, I have reality/lux and that makes my Firefly renders look like a 3yr old's fingerpaints compared to what I can do now.  Now, with the help of Paolo, Bob and Boom... I'll probably end up uninstalling Poser and never looking back.

One thing I haven't tried yet just do to forgetting to try it is Gen3 and Gen2 clothes on Genesis.  Since G3 and G2 clothes are "supposed" to work on vickie 4, I would allege that they should work on Genesis using the same method.  If it does I'll be ecstatic since I have like 8 gigs worth of Gen3 stuff that I like and haven't used in eons.

Sharkie