Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 9:19 PM

Quote - FINALLY!  I can at least get the shirt to load into a scene

I was going to say that the optitex junk goes into a very specific folder otherwise you get precisely bubkiss. It took me awhile to figure that out, too

Where I got it to work was: DAZ 3DStudio3contentDynamic ClothingV4 Dynamic Clothing (I still have my Studio4 content pointed to my Studio3 folder just cuz it's easier for me, despite the cavernous amount of content in there) I have my main content folder in Documents.

I have mine split up between M4 and V4, just for reference. When I first got the dynamic cloth bug, I put it in my usual V4 folder, then tried just the runtime folder, and then the prop folder... Nothing worked. I then unzipped it with 7-zip into a folder where Daz goes looking for Studio-specific content and made a Dynamic Clothing folder. Presto!

Oh, by the by, a lot of the V4 clothing loads with no textures, but you can find 'em pretty easy. Seems like the lot of it gets dumped in the textures folder within Dynamic Clothing. I know, duh, but it might help when you get one that comes in bone white, no texture, or you mod a texture for a 'blessed' V4 figure

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx