Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 1:17 AM

Quote - Thank you for the Zombie Eye Fix.  It was the specular setting, plus the texture itself seemed to only half load, so I redid that and he once again has eyes ;) Thanks again!

I still haven't gotten the glass wares to work, changing the gain gave me part of a texture with weird blackness.  I did lighten the texture but only part of it responded.  I'm trying to figure out how to lighten the whole texture.  There must be a way, it's probably operator error.

For your glass texture, I really wish I had that set, but alas I do not. I'll pick it up one of these days. Before you alter it, can you do a quick render and post what you have with Lux? Even if the preview box displays that black circle, you'll still get a glass object of some sort when you hit render frame.

If you're determined its the texture and you've got Gimp or your choice of photo software, lightening is pretty easy. With Gimp (or whatever you use, I suspect it's very similar, but Gimp is free and available!) there's a few ways to get what you want. My first suggestion would be to open your image and head to the color tab. I'll use Gimp since I know that best. In the color tab about 3/4 of the way down the tile, there's a feature called Channel Mixer. In that, you can adjust the RGB values. It may require you to slide each color back a bit. This is more touchy feely than the second method I'll touch on, but it won't affect the quality of the color as much.

The second, or just another way really, is going straight to the brightness/contrast function (also in the color tab in gimp, like second or third from the top). Contrast and Brightness are both are on sliders with numerical whole values, positive or negative from zero. If you wedge contrast down a few points, it will lighten it just a fraction at a time, and you can adjust with the brightness in the positive direction so you don't lose too much color. Brightness and Contrast tend to introduce shades of gray in my experience, so I tend to try the Channel Mixer first.

If all else fails, you can email your texture to me

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx