Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Life's Regrets

TheOwl opened this issue on Jun 21, 2012 · 34 posts

SamTherapy posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 12:54 PM

Quote - I have no regrets about what I've done. without those choices, I would not be the person I am now.

I can almost agree with that.  As stated above, my regrets come from the way I treated some people, which could have been better.  I don't think that contributed to the way I am now, it was more a product of immaturity, which I've (hopefully) left a long way behind.

I'm highly sceptical of birth order having such a profound effect on personality, too.  Conditioning, yes, but if that's dependent on birth order I'd say the root cause is the parents and how they treat their offspring, rather than some arbitrary order of birth.

As a father of two young children, I'm acutely aware of my responsibility to them; not only their general physical well being, but their behaviour, expectations and - later in life - their own responsibilities.  What I do and say now will have a direct and lasting effect on their personalities so I have to ensure I give them a good role model.  My  template is taken from my father; if I can do as well as he did, I'll be happy.  The overriding concern is fairness.  I don't ever want either of them to feel I've favoured one over the other.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery