Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: -- Helping Daz Studio Newbies --

KimberlyC opened this issue on Apr 25, 2012 · 139 posts

Agent0013 posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 1:22 PM

Quote - the most i know of deep shadow maps is that DS calculates the area that the shadows will fall and maps them out which it does before it even startes to render which makes, the rendering faster than the raytracing but would also maybe require the use of the shadow bias settings.  so that your main shadow hits a little harder

That seems to make sense. I know that when two different colored lights are present in the real world, and someone is between them, the part of the shadow that lies outside of the overlapped area of both shadows will be the color of the light that is not casting that particular shadow. Example: Say there is a red light and a blue light. You are stand in a position that puts you at the apex of a triangle formed by yourself and the two lights. You look at the shadow you are casting from the red light and see that where the other shadow does not overlap the one you are looking at it is blue. This is because blue light shines on that portion of the shadow from the red light. This is the type of effect I want when I use two or more lights for my scenes. I have not tried the deep shadow maps with this yet. I plan to do that in my next rendering in DAZ Studio 4, and I'll let you know how it works. If the scene is decently great looking, I'll upload it here so everyone can see my results.