Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: -- Helping Daz Studio Newbies --

KimberlyC opened this issue on Apr 25, 2012 · 139 posts

superboomturbo posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 2:23 AM

Quote - > Quote - Put the Studio mat file in with the Poser pz2 mat and give it the same name as the pz2.  Studio will execute the DS file instead of the pz2.  You know you did it right if the file icon changes by having a little scroll added to the upper left corner.

Is this the same for props? This is what I did

Load the poser prop, adjusted textures, "File>Save as>Support Asset>DSF Figure or prop file" gave it the same name as the original. But it doesn't show up.

I checked it, Its in the folder, opened it with wordpad and it looks to be correct as far as I can tell (found references to the geometry, the jpgs etc)

So what am I doing wrong?

I don't save props or characters too terribly often, but in your above post, the process I recall is just that.

One thing I do know is that Studio has issues using certain poser mat files. The .mc6 definitely doesn't work, and occasionally, the .mtl5 or .mat5 (I forget which was the old poser format, but I believe its the .mat5) won't load or even show in the content directory. You can convert them and most of the time get something cooking, either by changing the extension manually to .pz2, or using a little freebie calle 'file extension changer'. It's really handy for converting bulk mat5's to work with Studio.

Also, for editing problematic files, there's another freebe called notepad++, specifically made for opening files where you might need to do some hardcore editing. It's tons nicer than notepad and lets to edit line by line, which are also numbered. You can batch convert files types, change extensions within several files, etc.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx