Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 · 8453 posts

callad posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 3:43 PM

Quote - okay.. i know it's seriously offtopic.. but I've been working on a texture set for this product: Scrumptious.  The only real major variation is going to be in the style of bra in the set.  I'll make compatible textures for the other pieces in the set so that there will be several 8-piece texture sets in the pack.  I'm thinking 4 to 6 for starters.  Designing the trans maps for the bra has been a pain so far.  Did a quick render of the 2 basic bra styles I have completed so far.  I've attached quick renders(in reality of course) of the first two styles.  I'm not really looking for critiques on the colors per se.  Just more of an overall impression.  Putting the renders in here because I respect the opinions in this thread more than most.  Plus, hopefully I'll get the more feminine opinions of those like my wife(who hasn't seen them yet), Xandi and Callad.

The first is a strapless demi-bra and the second is a platform/shelf bra.

Sorry for this late reply, been very busy the past few days cleaning the house, repainting, ect.

I like them both! Now in the 'frilly' department I would like to see a little rose in the middle (matching colors awf cuz :P )

One question: do they allow to be 'mesh smoothed'? A strapless bra must fit tight so I probably would shrink them, then mesh smooth them to make them fit really, really tight, we don't want the bra to 'fall off, now would we? lol some of you would, I'm sure ;)

As for the patterns; when V4 is 'well endowed' you might have streching on the pattern. Is there a way to make the pattern denser on her breasts? Then when streched it would bring back a nice detailed patern. That's the reason I usually go for a 'full texture' when a pattern is shown, then use 'tiles' to make them look detailed enough.

Anywayz, very nice job and I like to see more!