Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DAZ Studio 4 - Problem with Clothong

razabazarguy opened this issue on Jun 30, 2012 · 23 posts

superboomturbo posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quote - Well, now I have another requirement that I need your help...

I know a little bit of MAYA and have developed some indoor materials with twxtures. Is it possible to use those in DAZ studio like importing the MAYA files to DAZ and render it in DAZ along with the characters and light setting? 

I need this to work because I like to create my own BACKGROUND depending upon the mood/theam of the composition. 

Altoough I am not sure whether this question is relevant in DAZ forum, I am asking if anyone could help....

Daz has a fairly limited option set for importing other programs' models. Basic rule of thumb is to export from the core program as either collada.dae or straight .obj; both of these are formats that Studio can import. Materials, on the other hand, are even more finicky. Keep in mind that Studio isn't modeling software and becomes very limited when using .obj's, which basically are only good as static models unless you go the extra mile and want to rig them.

Backgrounds (using images) are usually a composite job in your photo software of choice. However, you Can add them to the diffuse channel of a primitive plane in Studio and scale that plane to your liking. This makes a textured primitive plane become a backdrop or background plate, but the image has to fit a very specific size, other wise you get major distortion that's tough to fix.

At the end of the day, about 98% of people just add the bg in postwork for ease of working the scene.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx