Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 ยท 8453 posts

superboomturbo posted Mon, 23 July 2012 at 1:56 AM

Thank you for the great comment, Xandi!

I'm a huge stonemason nut, who in my opinon makes the best scene props bar-none. The bulk of this set is the fantastic Urban Future 4 with some elements of Big Sprawl 2 I scooped up last year (though I believe his store is on sale at daz presently. I grabbed the Walled City Friday, to which will be in the next big production. )

I'm not sure about now, but the large buildings in the far rear are select blocks of 'Dystopia', which were free when I picked them up about two years back. They're low poly but render very nicely with some tweaks in Reality. They also take alternative textures quite well, which I didn't do on this round but have in the past.The catch is that using this many pieces quadruples the number of materials for a Reality/Lux render. Using all 100 blocks will net you a massive 1297 material zones, but thankfully, most are repetitive, so when you get a group that looks good, copy and paste your heart out.The windows don't transfer well to normal glass, however, and need a very deep tint to keep from seeing through the buildings. Because of how much stuff was in this scene, I begrudingly set them to Glossy with 9100 on the polish.

I really love big city scenes and will lovingly point you in the right direction for prop reccomendations whenever you get in the mood.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx