Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: I need help with a gorilla model

dynomo opened this issue on Sep 05, 2001 ยท 12 posts

flamethedog posted Thu, 06 September 2001 at 9:07 AM

Hi If you have split up the mesh and named the body parts (group statements) G Hip g Abdomen g Chest g Neck g Head etc etc You then need to create a PHI file using a standard Text editor (I use BBEdit). This is a type of shopping list listing... 1. Where the model is. 2. The body parts that make up the model. A list of the body parts in order with their xyz rotation orders (curves for a tail if needed). 3. The IK Chains. A list of the body parts that need to influence each other when moved, as if linked in a chain. The Legs and Arms are an example of this. Once you have done this... You can use the convert hier file feature of Poser to create the standard joints automatically, but you will then need to adjust/fine tune these using the joint editor. Look at the sample PHI files on the Poser CD For an idea how to get this far. It is easier than you think... Failing that post a list of your body parts here and description of the default pose of the Gorilla and I will post a PHI file, then maybe wyrwulf can do the JPs!!!... Good luck